Maintain Your Oral Health With a Teeth Cleaning at Our Las Vegas, NV Office
Whether your child’s first teeth just came in or you recently had a dental procedure, oral hygiene still stands as one of your main priorities. Come to Hurst Family Dental for a regular teeth cleaning at our Las Vegas, NV office to protect you and your family’s teeth.
When Do You Need a Cleaning?
The question of when individuals should have their teeth cleaned doesn’t have a one-size-fits-all answer. People with average oral hygiene and health need a cleaning and exam every six months, but you should follow your dentists suggestions. Some other general guidelines include:
- Children should have their first dental cleaning by age one
- People who smoke should have more frequent dental cleanings
- People with chronic health problems like diabetes should have cleanings more than once a year
What Do Cleanings Include?
At Hurst Family Dental, we provide a range of services to help you maintain your oral health. When you come in for a regular cleaning, we may also address the following concerns:
- Deep Cleaning: Even if you brush twice a day and floss regularly, you may miss some plaque. That’s why we perform deep cleanings using a scaler to target plaque, a polisher to gently remove surface contaminants, and fluoride treatments to protect your teeth.
- Oral Hygiene: We provide each patient with the information and tools he or she needs to maintain optimal oral health.
- Periodontal Treatment: We don’t just keep your teeth healthy--we protect your gums as well. We complete thorough periodontal exams. Additionally, we offer Perio Protect treatments. This method disperses periodontal medicine directly into periodontal pockets, reducing gum bleeding and other uncomfortable and dangerous symptoms.
- Sealants: Sealants create a thin barrier on the surface of at-risk teeth. If you or your child has a history of cavities in small pits or fissures on teeth, sealants may prevent future decay.
Schedule your next teeth cleaning with our Las Vegas, NV staff by calling 702-897-1120 or filling out our online form.